10 August 2008
my cutest jaime angel


Jaime is so smart & funny. it's so cool to see her grow so much. Everyday she says new words & she loves learning. She hates veggies of any kind & even though i try to sneak them under some other food as soon as they hit her taste buds she spits them out. If anyone has any ideas or tricks for making kids eat veggies please comment. Besides that she's just the best & is so sweet & loves to give hugs & kisses & pray for people. She only wears diapers at night & is very faithful to tell me everytime she needs to go potty & if we're out she'll hold it till we get home. She says so many words & surprises me everyday by how many words she knows. Jaime, i don't think you'll ever read this, but you are the joy of my life & i love being with you. Thank you for all the fun & love & fulfillment i have when I'm with you.
posted by Priya @ 12:13 p.m.  
3 Comments:
  • At August 11, 2008 at 3:33 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Awww...Jaime's grown so much. She's so big and cute.

     
  • At August 15, 2008 at 12:41 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    What a cutie! I show Alice her cousin on this blog every now and then. About giving kids veggies, you just gotta keep putting them on her plate to get her taste buds used to it. Chad says "I'm going to eat it!" and starts putting it in his mouth and Alice is so competitive that sometimes she will quickly eat it before he can. Sometimes we'll tell her to eat one bite of veggie per bite of something on her plate that she likes to eat. Different ways of cooking it helps sometimes. Also, remember that kids go through fazes. Alice used to hate zucchini, but now when it is fried in butter and onions she loves it. She changes her tastes in veggies from time to time. Which is why my last suggestion is that you never make a big deal about veggies, or say out loud, "She just doesn't like veggies/broccoli etc..." or say anything negative about veggies. Just keep showing her how you eat them and how mommy likes them, and how they are so good for you etc... Even if other kids don't like the veggie, I've taught Alice that her and I like them because they are so healthy, so she'll just say "We like them right mommy?" so all that to say that you are the biggest influence in this area, so be vocally positive about them at all times.
    And don't fight her about it to give her a negative mindset about veggies. If she won't eat it, and all your cajoling doesn't help, just you eat it, or just don't make a big deal about it. Or just have her eat one bite and you eat the rest or something like that.
    Sorry for the long post. I hope something is useful.
    XX

     
  • At August 17, 2008 at 12:52 a.m., Blogger Living My Fairytale said…

    She is so cute and still so fat. I think toddlers are at the cutest stage and its a stage that I'm going to miss so much. It's so fun to watch them learn so much about life.
    I think your sis-in-law has some good points about veggies, I'll keep them in mind if I have any troubles along those lines...I did read once that toddlers love dipping (and I've seen it in Lila). Try carrots, celery, broccoli or other dipping veggies with a yummy healthy dip and she might just eat them like that for fun.
    Love ya

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me


Name: Priya
Home: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
About Me: I am happy.
See my complete profile

Previous Post
Archives
Links