22 October 2007
you may now kiss................meeeee finally















& here's the post you've all been waiting for, at least I'd like to think ppl love me that much. Our wedding. Besides being perfect, wonderful, totally amazing, & all that other stuff most ppl say about their wedding, our wedding was just the best. The Lord did so many special things for us, it was like a dream. The night before the wedding we had a huge dinner of Rogan Josh ( don't pretend you know what that is, unless you're indian you're clueless) it's really great dish with mutton, chapati's, pizza, really nice rice, veggies, tzatziki, humus, apple & peach pie, & ice cream, which made for a very stuffed Priya, plus much beeer which didn't sit too well with my ice cream & on top of the nervousness made me feel rather sick that night. The boys all went out for a boys night out after dinner, conveniently leaving the girls with the clean up which wasn't too much thanks to the invention of paper plates. The ppl from both mm homes came along with some friends for the night before & the wedding. The next morning we had banana bread & got ready the last few things we needed to go. We were holding the whole wedding thing at this gorgeous resort on Mt. Apo, the tallest mountain in the PI apparently. Viki did my hair before we went but by the time we got up there with Jaime pulling on it & all it needed much help. We got to use a little cabin for showers & to change in & Dar so sweetly stayed in there the whole few hours from when we got to Lolengs (the name of the resort) till the ceremony started, doing hair & make-up. I'd be lost with out you Dar, seeings as I don't actually know how to put on make up, Dar was pretty much superman for me. We were late to start cuz it took so long for everyone to get ready so we didn't start at 4 like we planned but ptl the Lord held back all the rain, even though it had rained everyday at that time for the last week he made it just nice & a little over casted so we didn't get toasted. The ceremony was great done by my mom. I cried as i was reading my vow, thus making my face very red & splotchy, always a bad thing when pictures come right after, but it was sooo hard to not cry, even though i swore I wasn't gonna. My little sister Robin caught my bouquet, & then came the pictures which all came out fuzzy & dark equaling garbage, but some were ok. It did call for a stage- some-pictures-in-our- yard -the-next-day to make up for it. Filipino food greeted us for dinner & for me & arthur it was cold. nasty. Apparently they serve the bride & groom so they don't have to get food themselves, but they did it way too early so we had cold noodles, chicken, beef & veggies stuff, rice & soup staring at us when it came time to eat. Course we got my brother to fetch us hot stuff & wine to wash it down with. It wasn't bad especially cuz we had brought chapati's from the day before, yes i know I'm weird, to eat it with. They gave us some custard stuff which i also ate with chapati's cuz it was good but really sweet. The nastyness of the cake kinda surprized me but hey it was free, looked good, & did the job. we got to sit at our own special little table above everyone else & I felt like some kind of royalty it was great, plus the fact that I had nice wine & they all had to drink stank Filipino beer. We did all the traditional bride & groom, father & daughter, & all that dances & i got to dance plenty with Jaime who was having a blast at staying up late. Kiran caught my garder thing & wore in around his arm cuz it made him feel special or something. Umm I'm getting tired now & wanna go eat some pie I saved so I'm off. I could go on for hours & i'm sure I missed some great details but I'm getting bored of writing, not to mention Jaime is sick & I'm dead tired from not sleeping in the past week. Whatever it is I'm happy & married. Pregnant at 17, baby at 18 , married at 19, God knows what'll happen when I'm 20.
posted by Priya @ 9:45 a.m.  
11 Comments:
  • At October 23, 2007 at 12:07 a.m., Blogger Te-te Halifax said…

    u look gorgeous priya... congratulations.. xoxox

     
  • At October 23, 2007 at 7:35 a.m., Blogger SerenaRose said…

    Congratulations!!! it looked like it was wonderful and your parents look great give them my love, not to mention you look fab. Robyn is beautiful gosh she was 2 when I took care of her MG how ppl grow...I wish you the best in this your married life BTW who is the lucky guy? xxxx

     
  • At October 23, 2007 at 8:53 a.m., Blogger Priya said…

    His name is Arthur he's canadian too. Isn't he hot.

     
  • At October 23, 2007 at 9:49 p.m., Blogger Josephine Jewel said…

    CONGRATS!! You guys look sooo good...i'm so jealous! :D so happy for you and i wish i could have been there...BTW Priya...when you're 20 you get PG with twins! haha...just kidding...but it would be pretty funny! :D love you guys...and see you hopefully sometime before Jesus comes back...

     
  • At October 24, 2007 at 8:59 a.m., Blogger Paul said…

    CONGRADULATIONS. Glad it finally happened!

     
  • At October 24, 2007 at 11:01 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Congratulations! Wish I was there! You guys look awesome! Jaime is such a doll! Lots of love for her! Love you guys lots. Let me know when you have those 'twins', might wanna come to see them - it'll be like 2 adorable Jaimes! :oD

     
  • At October 26, 2007 at 11:21 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Aww, Pryia, you look gorgeous,and I'm so happy for you! I feel like my own sister is getting married, I know I haven't exactly been around as long as a sister should have been, but we've always had strong bonds with your family.
    You are Arthur are great together. Pretty amazing that you actually found a guy in Dodoma. Just goes to show it's the Lord's doing.
    I guess we're some of the lucky few that actually scored our men on the desolate field of Africa.
    Love you and wish you the best!!!
    I'm sure 20 will be grand!

     
  • At October 29, 2007 at 2:55 a.m., Blogger Living My Fairytale said…

    I'm so happy for you guys, Priya! You are an amazing couple and I was so convicted by your loving interaction, ha, I have a lot to learn. It looks like you had a dream wedding and you looked gorgeous! Jaime looks like a dolly. I love you both and I know that 20 will only bring more and more awesome blessings. Having a family is so great, I'm thrilled for you guys. XXX
    -Rosie

     
  • At October 29, 2007 at 4:50 p.m., Blogger Maria said…

    It looks like it was a wonderful wedding! Congratulations! I'm glad you have a blog. I enjoy reading it and seeing what you guys are up to, and your baby is fat and roly and beautiful!
    I love you guys!
    MUAH!

     
  • At November 1, 2007 at 12:41 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    awww congrads to you both!I miss you both,hope everything is going well for you,write me,xoxox

     
  • At November 3, 2007 at 3:59 p.m., Blogger Eman said…

    Congratulations!

    The both of you look great! Send Jaime my love, I miss her.

    Love you guys!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me


Name: Priya
Home: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
About Me: I am happy.
See my complete profile

Previous Post
Archives
Links